This year has been very good to us. There is nothing we can truly complain about. Sure we have had stressful moments but all in all we have SO much to be thankful for!
I'm especially thankful for...
- The past 4 years Sean and I have had together.
- My previous work; I have made some life-long friends who I love dearly!
- Working and getting through school without going into any debt (which was our goal-that doesn't often happen).
- That we have been blessed by Sean having such a great job now with good insurance and a wonderful boss.
- For our dog Margo. She is a perfect fit for our family! We love her SO much!
- For the opportunity I had to fly out and help family members in their time of need.
- For the awesome friends I have already made here in California.
- For a wonderful husband who I know will be an awesome father- thanks to many babysitting nights with his brothers' 5 kids.
- That he talks to my tummy and tells the baby how much he loves it already.
- That I will stop getting asked "so when are you going to have kids?"
- And of course that we're having a baby!
Okay so the last few were about having a baby but we are SO excited! We always knew we would wait till Sean was done with school and we got on "grown up" insurance so we could afford it. So the time had come when Sean got a "grown up" job. I guess for a Mormon family we waited a kind-of long time, but for everyone it's different. I was honestly very worried about getting pregnant and nervous that I wouldn't be able to, since I have had problems with my hormones for quite some time. I was also very nervous because I know that most women have a miscarriage before getting pregnant for the first time, so I wasn't getting my hopes too high. I am happy to have reached my second trimester without any problems so far, and I am very grateful for that. People have been asking me what gender we want. Honestly, we kind of wanted a boy first (not that we can choose that anyway), but now we really don't care! It has been lots of fun that past couple of years just taking in SO much information and reading up a lot on different things even if it has been TMI- I didn't care, I just wanted to be informed! I'm still doing LOTS of research which is comforting since I'm a planner... so much that I actually already know how I will decorate the nursery based on the gender- I know I'm kind of weird about that but I guess I do have a degree that says so. It has been very fun comparing strollers and car seats and all sorts of stuff. I still have a long road ahead of me but I am grateful that information is easily accessible.
It's easy to say that I have a lot to be grateful for!